back

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Night #4



If you read the last post you know that she did not take a nap yesterday when we put her down after lunch. Although she DID fall asleep about 4:00 on the couch. We didn't let her sleep long. We went out to eat and then started our bedtime routine.  I know the whole bedtime routine is important and the new book I bought said that you could make a chart or book out of the routine to show your child. Why not?  So yesterday I made a mini book about Bella's bedtime routine.  I cut out pics from magazines and wrote little sentences like, "Bella takes a bath," "Bella brushes her teeth," "Bella reads two books,"  "Bella says her prayers," etc.  When we get to the read two books step, Trace says he wants to read to her. Ok. He also wants to sleep in her bed or at least lay down for a while with her.  Ok. After the two books, the lights go out and they lay there a minute. Seriously about 5 minutes later, Trace panics and decided he CAN'T sleep in there!  It's not his bed!  Trace! You are messing up the routine!!!! Great! So Trace leaves her room and guess who follows?  Little Bella of course. So into the living room she comes. Trav and I decided we would take turns on Bella bedtime duty. Tonight Trav was on duty. Me helping of course. Around 9:00 they go in her room.  He gets in bed and she lays there a few minutes and says, "Book!" "Two books!" Trav gets her two books. A couple minutes later she says, "Phone!' Mimi's phone!"  She wants this old cell phone that my mom gave her to play with. Then she starts talking away on the phone. To who? I don't know, but she was talking away.  Trav fell asleep before her I think. I had gone and laid down with Trace for a minute and then went to check in on them around 10:00. They were both ASLEEP!!! Thank you Jesus!    Trav says that around 4:30 she decided she needed juice. Trav poured some into a sippy cup and she said, "NO!""Big cup!" I told you she was a demanding little toot!  Back to sleep and she woke up around 8:15 with a FEVER!!!! Can I get a break?????

No comments:

Post a Comment