back

Monday, January 18, 2010

Mommy's turn

Last night was not too bad!  After brushing her teeth, Bella was ready to pick out her books. I told her two books.  Guess what she picked? The book I made! It was pretty cute. We were going to read that anyway, but that was the ONLY book she wanted. We said our prayers and then lights out. She had to turn the lamp off. Have you noticed that she likes to be the one in charge?  So it begins.  I am trying to go to sleep and close my eyes. I tell her it's time to go to sleep. She kicks off the covers only then to say,"I'm cold!" She then started, "Momma, what you doing?" "I'm sleeping Bella."  A few minutes later, "Momma what you doing?"  "Sleeping Belle." She'd then say, "Nite Nite time!" "Bella's cozy bed!" She would laugh that cute little laugh and then I would think how special these times really are. Even though they are long hard nights I am trying to cherish them as much as I can because I know she won't need or want us like this forever. I think her feet were kicking or touching me all night long. She woke up at about 5:30 and asked for a bow. What? For your hair?  I think she was still asleep. Then she said, "Book!"  Ok here's your snowman book. I hand it to her and she says, "No!"  Ok. "Frosty Snowman Book!" (the one I just gave her!) Ok. Here it is. She hugged it and closed her eyes and went right back to sleep. She woke up at about 7:30 ready to get up.  I asked her if she was ready to eat and she said, "Cold pantake!" Strange child! She likes the frozen ones??  Crossing my fingers for todays nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment