back

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

All by myself......don't wanna sleep....all by myself

Tonight was the night that Trav and I decided we needed to get HARD CORE!  NO sleeping with her. Since she hasn't been going to sleep until pretty late or even getting tired until late, we decided to start the routine a little late.  As luck would have it, she had a very runny nose so we gave her a tsp. of Benadryl. What luck right? She'll probably fall asleep in the living room or playing. That would be a NO!  We gave it to her at 8:00 and I just kept on looking for sign of sleepiness, but NONE.  Two hours later she was still awake. Well.. I was ready for bed, so off she went to her bed.  All by herself.  It was pretty sad. She kept yelling, "Mommy!!!" "Mommy!"  Then she started with, "Daddy! Hold You!" We resisted. "Hold YOU!" We resisted. She never came out of her room! That was a major accomplishment!   I went in there once and she had taken off her pj shirt and I gave her another and laid her back down. She cried pretty hard for about 45 minutes or so, with little bits of quiet. I went in at 11:00 and she was asleep!  Actually this was one of the BEST nights. Hopefully it will only get BETTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment