back

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Night #3

Friday night!  Trav needs to get up at about 4:45 to take Papa Hollis to the airport. We have to get her to bed early tonight!  We go to Books a Million for a book on getting toddler to sleep.  We bought the book, No Cry Sleep Solution for toddlers and Preschoolers.We'll see how much of a difference that makes!  I take her to bed a little after 8:30 to read some books and lay down with her.  She went to school today and she's always more tired and goes to sleep easier sometimes. She only gets a short nap there. After reading an Abby Cadaby book, I tell Bella it's time for night, night and turn out the light. I try not to make any noises and turn away from her, pretending to sleep.  I am ready to stay there all night to avoid any big fits.  She is moving, kicking off the covers and singing, you name it!  Then as I am pretending to sleep, she starts jumping on the bed!! It was so funny! She needs her water. She talks. She sings. She kicks the wall. "OW! My foot! " Then she realizes she misses Daddy. My Daddy! My Daddy! My Daddy!  Over and over and over and over and over. Trav is trying to sleep in the other room of course after a while hears her. He comes in and she continues, "My Daddy!" over and over again. He is right there!! I don't get it! He lays on her pillow next to her and I'm on the other side. Daddy! "Off my pillow!"  Trav scoot midway down the bed in a little ball.  She keeps saying, "My Daddy!" We have no idea why.  So- we decide to take her into our bed where Trace already is. He sleeps with Mommy and Daddy on Fridays.  Bella and I join already sleeping Trace and try to go to bed. Trav goes to Trace's bed.  Crazy! I know!  then Bella is at it again, "My Daddy!" It didn't last that long this time and then she went to sleep around 10:45.  Tired!!!

2:30-She wet the bed through her diaper! Super!  I run to get a new diaper and a towel to put under her. I change her and hope she goes back to sleep. She usually will. It usually getting to sleep that's her problem.  Well.... She starts yellling, "Bella want!' "Bella want!'  She wanted something. She would not tell me what.  She siad this SOOOO many times. Apple juice? Water? WHat?  Travis hears from across the house and come to see what is going on.  After a long list of no's she finally says yes to chocolate milk. I don't think she had any idea what she was wanting. Then back to sleep! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment