back

Friday, February 5, 2010

Guest blogger-Daddy Trav

I'm a little nervous about blogging. Kt said her blog is read by millions around the world and that she's received comments from the Obamas, Brad and Angelina, and Candy Muret. Last night, I attempted to put the Tasmanian Devil to bed. I turned off all the lights thinking that would somehow soothe the savage beast. I got in bed with her, rolled over towards the wall, hoping she would ignore me, and closed my eyes, filling my sweet dreams with images of Katie and me back in college, when we could go out and party and be care free teens. Not more than a second later, and Isabella was sticking a tea cup over my ear, saying "Daddy's tea." I sighed, knowing I was in for a long haul. I rolled over towards her and made her put the Snow White tea cups on the floor. Back to the wall and to my dreams of young Kt and Travis at Joes on a Friday night. Low and behold, the little terror started sticking her feet in my back with her razor sharp toe nail, yelling "Chocolate Milk, Chocolate Milk." "No," I told her, still dreaming of the Fowl Thing and the Cheese Fries and my young, beautiful wife in her Zeta Tau Alpha shirt. Of course, that wasn't the end of it. She started yelling "Shirt off," and when I obliged, she moved onto "Bean Shirt," which meant she wanted me to go to the laundry and dig out the Jelly Bean shirt that she's worn for the last 4-5 days straight. Being the sweet father I am, I told her I would go get the Bean Shirt for my sweet, demanding Princess. "Okay Daddy," she said. I snuck away under the cover of dark, through the living room and the kitchen and into the hall outside the laundry room. There, I hesitated, and asked myself, "Are you a good person or a bad person?" I chose bad person, going into our bedroom and getting into bed, leaving Isabella to a shirtless night and me to a night of wonderful, college dreams in Stillwater.

It's 8 a.m., and she's still asleep.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Who knew I ranked up there with Brangelina!! Trav, you have such voice in your writing. Publish that book already...I'll buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trav, you are cracking me up!!! & now I'm hungry for a fowl thing (& of course some cheese fries).

    ReplyDelete